The Trunk Key - Carolyn Nash

The Trunk Key - Carolyn Nash
The Trunk Key
Wow!, I absolutely loved this short story! I immediately identified with the main character and couldn't wait to get home from work to continue reading. It is very well-written and flows naturally. I usually can't handle anything involving children in harm's way, but this gave me only hope and good feelings, although it was suspenseful enough to have me biting my nails the entire time! I will recommend it to everyone I know. I don't understand the two negative reviews. There are only a few curse words, and seriously, if a madman has kidnapped a child and is shooting at you, some choice words are going to fly no matter how holy you are! The
character's thoughts about the crazy situation were exactly what a normal middle-class American woman would have been feeling. I will be looking for other books by this author. review By teachert

A page turner!, Its been awhile since I enjoyed a book that made me so eager to get to the next page. I read most of this book while waiting at the doctor's office, and it made a very long wait go by quickly. The great dialog and edge-of-your-seat suspense will keep your interest and you'll find yourself finishing this book wishing for more. I love that Ms. Nash's protagonist is not a twenty-something beauty queen.The fact that she could be your next door neighbor makes her easy to like and identify with.The story is set in the rugged hills above California's San Joaquin Valley. When circumstances beyond her control throw Jenny into a life or death situation, she follows her conscience and tries to do the right thing. It leads her to a dangerous adventure and unexpected romance. I'd recommend this book to anyone looking for a fast paced thrill ride lined with an underlying message of hope. review By Joan M Childs

No comments :

Post a Comment